Golf for Griefwalk
Golf for Griefwalk
We are excited to announce our first annual charity golf tournament, taking place on Friday, Sept. 16, 2022 at Victoria Park Valley Golf Club. Team and individual registration is now open (click the button below), or scroll down for information about sponsorship opportunities. Proceeds from this event ensure we can continue offering programs and supports at no cost to people experiencing a life loss.
Walking together through life's losses
Griefwalk is a local non-profit organization that supports individuals facing life-changing losses.
We provide numerous support groups including:
- Child Loss
- Widows Bereavement
- Men’s Bereavement
- Mixed Loss (Loss of parent, sibling, friend)
- Loss through Suicide or Drug Overdose
- Pet Loss
- Healing with Horses
Through our fundraising efforts, we hope to include new support groups for our community such as, Infant Loss and Miscarriage, Caregivers Support, and Loss Experienced
through a Terminal Diagnosis.
Griefwalk also offers individual companioning for those suffering a life loss, and resource
connections such as books, counsellors and therapists. Griefwalk provides a safe space and
haven where healing can be fostered, nurtured and encouraged.
It is through our fundraising efforts such as this golf tournament that we can continue to offer bereavement support groups and companioning at no cost to those suffering loss. We believe finances should never be a deterrent to finding the support and help that is needed in finding our way through grief and despair.
The death of a loved one is the number one stress people face in their life (Conference Board of
Canada). Without support, loss of a loved one often leads to other health complications such
as anxiety, panic attacks, substance abuse, and depression. Your help and support will benefit
people with resources, support, and hope as they journey through personal loss and heartache.
$4,000 (1 available)
You will receive:
- Special Hole #9 signage with your company name or logo (or a hole of your choosing)
- Program recognition
- Expense receipt
- Your brochure and/or swag in the swag bag
- Special mention by MC during dinner
- Your logo on the Griefwalk website
- Your company name/logo in all golf carts (exclusive)
- Your company name/logo on putting contest and on-course contests
- Promotional table top at dinner (exclusive)
- Signage with your company logo on our auction table (exclusive)
- Five minute speaking opportunity at dinner (exclusive)
- Four free golf passes, day of tournament
If you would like to make a one-time donation to support the Golf for Griefwalk fundraiser (without the advertising), please click here. Tax receipts will be issued for amounts over $20.